화요일, 1월 10, 2006

A Noraebang (or "Music Room") is the Korean equivalent of the Karaoke bars of Japan. Rather than get plastered and sing in front of a room of complete strangers, you can get plastered and sing in a room with your closest friends. They have plenty of English songs, and Filipinos are the friendliest people in the world, so it was a pretty rocking time. I was dragged to one a couple of weeks ago by my bosses with my coworkers, and it was as uncomfortable as one would expect an evening with 7 20-somethings and two 50-somethings who are socially superior to be. However, with the church group, we were belting out hits like "Sweet Child O' Mine" and I even electrified the room with the Goldfinger version of "99 Red Balloons," and people were singing with me! Surprisingly, my bosses didn't know exactly what to make of that song. I don't know why someone doesn't import this idea of a singing room establishment to Lexington and just make money hand over fist. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home